Apple compote (EASY and quick recipe)2 min read
Apple compote is something that we should always have on hand, because apart from being a healthy dessert for the whole family, including babies, it gives us a multitude of side options, both sweet and savory, since it goes perfectly with a multitude of recipes.
It is also so easy to prepare at home that you will only need a knife, a pot and a wooden spoon as utensils. If you want it finer you can always pass it a little through the Chinese or with the blender, but I assure you that simply crushing it with a wooden spoon, the applesauce already has a delicious texture.
So if you ever see an offer in the supermarket, or simply the apples you bought are not to your liking, do not stop preparing applesauce , because I assure you that you will repeat the experience. You will see how rich they are, for example , pancakes stuffed with applesauce , your pork tenderloin , or simply for the snack of the smallest of the house.
- 1 kg of apples, approximately 8 apples (for example Red Delicious can be used)
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½-1 cup of water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 spoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
How to make applesauce
- Peel, core, and quarter the apples.
- Place in a pot with lemon juice and water. If we want we add cinnamon.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the apples can be easily crushed with a spoon, about 20-30 minutes. We add more water if necessary.
- Stir the apples vigorously with a wooden spoon until you get the desired consistency.
- We try and add sugar if we see it necessary (do not do it in the case of babies).
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
How to accompany applesauce
We can serve the applesauce hot or cold, and we can take it not only as a dessert or snack, but also with a meat dish, for example, which will give it an incomparable flavor.
How to preserve applesauce?
If you want to preserve the applesauce, it is important that you sterilize the jars where you store it well. To do this, put the glass jars upside down in boiling water and let them boil for approximately 10 minutes, or you can put about 2.5 cm of water in the container and if it does not have anything metallic, place each jar in the microwave for about 4 minutes. , then letting them cool because they will be very hot.
You can also freeze it, making sure to leave some space in the container, about 2.5 cm because it will grow and if not it can be difficult to open it later.
Related Recipes for Babies:-