Our ideas to prepare tuna cake are many, because we have already taught you how to make a tuna cake with sliced bread, a cold tuna cake , and we are also going to propose an option that is always a success among the little ones, like this potato pie and baked tuna gratin with cheese that will drive you crazy.
It’s similar to meat and potato pie or shepherd’s pie , only we use tuna instead of ground beef .
Potato and tuna pie recipe
- 1 kg of potatoes to cook
- 1 glass of milk
- 75g extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cans of tuna
- 1 onion
- 300g mushrooms
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to make baked tuna and potato pie au gratin
We cook the potatoes
- Wash the potatoes, put them in a pan without peeling, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt and put them on the fire. Once the water starts to boil, we count approximately 30 minutes, the time is indicative, it will depend on the size and type of potato. Check out more recipes on at Pet Pooja.
- Once the time has elapsed, we will know that the potatoes are well cooked when we pierce the potatoes with a knife and enter without encountering resistance. Once they are cooked, remove them from the heat, drain the water and let them cool down.
- Peel the potatoes, place them in a large bowl, mash with a fork, add salt, warm milk and oil and mix well. It should be a thick mashed potato. We booked.
We prepare the tuna filling
- While the potatoes are cooking, drain the olive oil from the tuna in a frying pan, and sauté the onion in small pieces.
- When it is golden, add the chopped mushrooms, wait for the liquid to reduce and finally add the shredded tuna to the pan.
- We skip everything well and rectify salt.
We bake the potato pie with tuna
- Put a layer of mashed potatoes, another layer of tuna with mushrooms, again another layer of mashed potatoes, a new layer of tuna with mushrooms and finish with a final layer of mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake in the oven until golden brown.