Chicken and vegetable pot for babies. Step by Step.3 min read
We continue on our tour of baby food jars . We have already introduced the meat and he has accepted it wonderfully, he eats better every time and we stain less, by the way, remember to take a picture of him because those little faces full of porridge are very fun to remember later.
It is better to give vegetable purées at noon and we will never add salt or dyes. As for the meat, we can start at six months adding about 25 or 50 grams of chicken per day, later we will incorporate beef, turkey or lamb and we will give it to them together with the vegetables.
I usually prepare the food the same day, but I double the amount and freeze it, so here are some tips for freezing baby food.
- We will use products that are as fresh as possible.
- Store freshly made food in a jar and close while hot, so you can empty the container and prevent bacteria from growing.
- Fill the jars with the right amount that the baby usually eats.
- If we use glass jars, we will not fill them completely since we must leave enough free space so that they do not explode.
- On a label, write what it contains and the date of production.*
- Once it has cooled, store it in the freezer. It should always be at -18ºC and if it is at a lower temperature, the better.
- Never refreeze what has already been frozen.
- We can defrost in the microwave, but we must stir very well since it does not regulate the temperature very well.
- We will add the extra virgin olive oil once the jar has thawed.
*There are labels that have such a strong glue that there is no way to remove them later, they sell special ones for this but if you can’t find them I’ll give you a little trick, a piece of paper on which you write and a bit of tape on top or simply a piece of plaster on which we will write with an indelible marker.
How to make a potito of chicken and vegetables?
- 1 potato
- 6 beans or green beans
- 2 carrots
- 75 gr of chicken breast
Extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of the chicken and vegetable stew
To clean the beans, we wash them well under the tap, with the knife we cut the ends and with the same knife or with a peeler we remove the sides, we cut them into several pieces. Peel and chop the potato and carrot. We put all this in a saucepan with water for about 12 or 15 minutes, then add the diced chicken breast and leave until cooked. It is important to add the meat later since the cooking time is much shorter than that of the vegetables and if we overcook the food, it loses many of its nutritional components.
We remove everything and put in the blender glass with a little of the cooking water and grind. We serve the portion that we are going to give to the baby and add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and mix.
As many of you have Thermomix or another kitchen robot, I explain how to make a jar with them. We chop the vegetables and put them in the glass, close and chop with a few strokes of turbo or at maximum speed. We lower with a spatula the remains that are on the walls of the glass and cover with water. We program 12 minutes at 100º C and spoon speed or 1. When this time passes we add the meat and program another 5 minutes. If we make a small quantity, as in this case, we put the basket inside, close and grind at maximum power.
Other combinations of vegetables and chicken can be Pumpkin, potato and chicken; Leek, zucchini and chicken; Peas, carrot and chicken or Pumpkin, onion, tomato and chicken. You can play with the different vegetables to prevent their meals from being monotonous, in addition, their taste will be formed, something that we have to respect. Just remember that we must avoid long-leaf vegetables, such as spinach, chard, cabbage, beets, asparagus or turnips.
Related Recipes for Babies:-