Cookies decorated with fondant (2 easy recipes and designs)4 min read
Today we teach you how to make cookies with fondant , delicious cookies ideal for snacks, flower-shaped cookies, perfect as a gift for someone special, especially if the little ones in the house make them, for a friend’s birthday, for the grandparents, for the Lady or the teacher of the School or for the mothers.
And below we will also see how to make other cookies decorated with fondant , very simple and perfect for a children’s party or to give away in a communion.
Decorating cookies with fondant is another way to get pretty designs, which is often less explored than cookies decorated with royal icing . The advantages of fondant is that it is like playing clay, entertaining and very easy, especially if we start with a simple design, like these shortbread cookies , perfect to make with children.
- Crispy Battered Chicken with Grains (EASY dinner recipe)
- Peanut Butter Cookies (original recipe and sugar-free keto version)
- Check out more at Pet Pooja.
Cookies recipe with fondant
- 220g of butter
- 160 g de azúcar glass
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 420g of flour
- White fondant
- Yellow sugar
In addition we need:
- Cookie cutters
- Wooden skewers
How to make cookies decorated with fondant
We make butter cookies
- Put the sugar and butter in a bowl and mix very well for several minutes until the sugar is integrated
- Add the egg, salt and essence and mix again
- Add the flour together with the baking soda and knead very well.
- Divide the dough into three parts and wrap with plastic wrap, store in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Once the dough has cooled, we take out one of the portions, remove the plastic wrap and stretch it out, it is best to do it between two baking papers.
- So that all the cookies have the same thickness you can use a roller with stops or put some guides
We bake the cookies
- With a flower-shaped cutter like these , cut the cookies
- With the excess dough you knead again and you can continue using it.
- Carefully prick with a wooden skewer and place on a baking tray.
- Put the tray in the fridge for another half hour.
- After that half hour, we bake with heat up and down at 180º C for about 10-12 minutes (do not let them brown so that the cookies do not stay hard)
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack.
We decorate the cookies with fondant
- Once the cookies cool they harden a bit and the skewer doesn’t move.
- To decorate them this time we have chosen as a motif some simple white daisies.
- We stretch the fondant with a roller and with another special cutter for fondant like these we cut the fondant
- We put it on the cookie pressing carefully so that it sticks.
- In the center we put a ball that we flatten with our hand and decorate with a little yellow sugar of this type
If you want to give them away, you just have to choose a flowerpot, put green tissue paper and place the cookie flowers. So that they do not move, you can put a little foam, cork or kitchen paper in the center.
Fondant cookies for Communions or a children’s party
- 140g butter
- 140 g sweet glass
- 1 egg L
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 290 g harina
- Vanilla flavor white fondant
- Red paste food coloring
- Yellow paste food coloring
- Blue paste food coloring
- Round cookie cutter
- Star cookie cutter
How to make fondant cookies
We make the cookie dough
- Beat the butter together with the icing sugar until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, add the egg and vanilla essence, and beat well until tripled in volume.
- Mix the egg together with the vanilla essence with the mixture of butter and sugar
- Finally add the flour little by little and mix with a spatula until you get a dough (it is quite sticky).
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
We bake the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC, heat up and down.
- We put the cookie dough on baking paper, and on top of the dough we put another sheet and with a rolling pin we stretch the dough.
- We cut with a round cutter, and with the help of a straw we make a small hole.
- Bake at 170ºC heat up and down for 10 minutes.
- When the edges of the cookies turn a light golden color, they are ready.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on a rack.
- When they are completely cold we can decorate them.
fondant for cookies
- We take a small portion of fondant and add a little red food coloring, very little so that it remains pink.
- We knead the ball well to distribute the color well
- We put a little Cornstarch on the table and stretch the fondant with a rolling pin.
- Cut several circles with the round cookie cutter to decorate the cookies.
- We do the same with the blue food coloring, cutting out circles to make blue cookies.
- Finally we take the yellow dye and follow the same process, but this time we cut with the star-shaped cookie cutter.
We glue the fondant to the cookies
- With a little water we paste the circle of fondant on the cookie
- Cut a small circle with the help of a straw, making it coincide with the circle of cookies.
- We paste the stars with a little water and make pink and blue balls with the fondant and paste them on the cookie to decorate.
Finally we pass a loop through the hole. And now we have the fondant cookies ready to play and enjoy eating!