Have you ever tried to make crispy battered chicken with cereal ? This chicken recipe is fun and super easy to make, and your kids will surely love helping you “batter” the chicken in their breakfast cereals.
Without a doubt you will have tried the chicken nuggets coated in breadcrumbs, but I assure you that if you use cereal you will get an unbeatable crispy coated chicken , so the children will be delighted with this preparation. A great proposal for a quick dinner for children , don’t you think?
- Peanut Butter Cookies (original recipe and sugar-free keto version)
- Battered mozzarella cheese sticks (QUICK and EASY recipe)
- Check out more at Pet Pooja.
Chicken recipe in batter with cereals
- Diced chicken (you can use wings, chicken pieces, drumsticks, or chicken breast strips)
- Cereals or cornflakes for breakfast
How to make crispy battered chicken
How to batter chicken with cereal
- Corn flakes are placed in a bag and tapped lightly to break them up. They should not be completely crushed so that the final result of the batter is crunchy.
- If we have used chicken breast, we cut it into strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Pass the chicken pieces through flour, then through the egg and finally through the chopped corn flakes.
- The battered chicken is fried in hot oil.
- Once golden, we remove it to a plate with kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
How to serve breaded chicken with cereal
We serve the crispy chicken hot and accompanied by French fries and sauces such as homemade ketchup and mayonnaise . To make this chicken you can use different parts, either chicken wings or drumsticks.