Beautifully presented, this fish cake with mashed potatoes will delight any child. It is very important to incorporate fish into our children’s diet. Many times they are not up to the task because they are not surprised to see a steak on the plate without any appeal. But it is up to us to be creative, to help them taste all kinds of food in an attractive way. That’s why we bring you this fish cake .
This fish cake recipe will help the little ones eat fish without complaining. Among its ingredients we find prawns, hake, salmon, peas, bechamel sauce, chives, and homemade mashed potatoes . Its flavor is very mild and highly nutritious.
Did we discover how to prepare fish cake with potatoes ?
Fish cakes recipe with mashed potatoes
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 liter of water
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 20 g butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 500 g harina
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 40ml milk
- ½ fresh spring onion
Fish cake filling
- 1 hake fillet
- 1 salmon fillet
- 5 prawns
- Frozen peas
How to make fish cake with mashed potatoes
We make the mashed potatoes
- Peel and cut the potatoes into pieces.
- Cook them for 30 minutes or until they are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain and pour into a bowl.
- Add butter and grated cheese, pass the blender and reserve the mashed potatoes.
- Add olive oil in a saucepan
- While it heats up, chop the onion and fry until it takes on a slight color.
- Add the flour and fry well, remove from heat.
- Add hot milk and stir well with a whisk.
- Bring the saucepan back to the heat until the bechamel begins to thicken, add the chopped chives, remove from the heat and set aside.
We assemble the fish cake
- In an oven-safe container, add the chopped salmon fillet, the chopped hake fillet, the peeled and chopped prawns, and the frozen peas.
- Pour over the bechamel sauce and finally the mashed potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, the mashed potatoes must be au gratin.
- We serve hot.
What do you think of this recipe for children? The little ones will surely eat this fish cake without protesting.