How to make chocolate DONUTS3 min read
These homemade chocolate donuts are great for a snack or breakfast with a good glass of milk, but they will also be a hit if you prepare them for a children’s party .
Do you know what is the reason that donuts have a hole in the center? The idea came from Hanson Gregory, a sailor who in 1847 tried to make a hole in them to see if they would fry better, as it did, and perhaps it is this characteristic hole that has made donuts famous throughout the world.
Glazed in all colors and flavors, filled, with toppings of any kind… homemade donuts are delicious and are a wonderful temptation for children, who, although they should not abuse them, should not stop trying them from time to time (if If your children have allergies, you can prepare donuts without eggs, without gluten and without lactose ).
- How to make puff pastry stuffed with tuna
- Fish Cake With mashed potatoes for kids-children
Chocolate Donuts Recipe
- 266ml whole milk
- 50g sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (one packet) instant or active dry yeast
- 500g of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten and at room temperature
- 10 tablespoons (142g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- Sunflower oil (for frying)
How to make chocolate donuts
Prepare the donut dough
- Put the sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan or in the microwave on low heat. When the milk is lukewarm, pour over the sugar and stir until dissolved. Then add the yeast. Let stand for at least five minutes until foamy.
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl, and stir to combine. Put aside.
- Add the beaten eggs and butter to the yeast mixture and beat well to combine. When the mixture is well combined, begin adding the flour mixture a little at a time, beating well before the next addition. When the dough begins to get very thick, put it on a lightly floured surface and knead. Do not add more flour than is absolutely necessary and lightly flour the surface again if necessary during the process.
- Form a ball with the dough and place it in a well-greased bowl. Rub a little oil on top of the dough, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
Knead and let rise
- In the morning, place the chilled dough on a well-floured surface and roll out to a thickness of 6.5 to 8.5 mm. Cut with cutters of the desired size and place the rings on a lightly floured baking tray. Repeat this process with the remains that we will stretch again with the roller. Cover with plastic wrap or a light cloth, and let them rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours in a warm place. They should appear very fluffy and taller.
- A good method of getting that warm feel can be to put them in the cold oven with a pan of boiling water placed on the rack below them.
We fry the donuts
- When the donuts are ready to be fried, heat oil in a deep frying pan or fryer to 195ºC.
- Carefully add one or two donuts at a time, letting them cook for a minute on each side.
- Remove from the oil with a paddle to drain the oil, and then place on a mound of kitchen paper to soak up any excess oil. Transfer to clean kitchen paper after five seconds and allow to cool completely.
- Repeat and be sure to keep a close eye on the oil temperature.
Chocolate glaze for donuts
- 1/2 cup (118g) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) whole milk
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 113 g chopped dark chocolate
- 2 cups (312 g) powdered sugar, sifted
How to glaze chocolate donuts:
- Combine butter, milk, corn syrup, and vanilla in medium saucepan and heat over medium heat until butter melts.
- Reduce heat to low, add chocolate, and whisk until melted.
- Turn off the heat, add the powdered sugar, and beat until smooth.
- Place the mixture over a bowl of warm water and bathe the donuts immediately. We can also pour the chocolate glaze with a jug. Check out more recipes on at Pet Pooja.
- Place them on a cooling rack and allow the glaze to harden for 30 minutes before serving.