Witch fingers for Halloween, a bloody recipe!3 min read
We love Halloween desserts and treats , and if they’re shaped like witch fingers like these cookies, we can’t wait to try them!
Some delicious shortbread cookies with strawberry jam that will not leave you indifferent. You’ll see the faces of your guests when you bring out this tray of bloody witch’s fingers cookies on Halloween night.
- How to make ghost cookies for Halloween
- Sweet pretzel with sugar and cinnamon
- Check out more at Pet Pooja.
Witch Finger Cookies Recipe
- 2 ½ cups of wheat flour
- ½ cup cornmeal or cornstarch
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
How to make witch finger cookies for Halloween
Prepare the cookie dough
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl add cornstarch, sugar and butter and mix everything well with a spatula.
- Add the eggs, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- We beat everything with the electric mixer and add the flour little by little. Knead well until all the ingredients are integrated. There should be a firm and pliable dough.
We shape witch fingers
- Cover the dough with a clean cloth and put it in the fridge for ½ hour.
- We take out and take small portions of dough and give them an irregular cylindrical shape on the knuckles in the shape of fingers
- We are placing them on the baking tray.
- With a knife we make small marks on the fingers as if they were knuckles.
We bake the cookies
- We place a little strawberry jam on the fingertips as if it were blood (if you want to make homemade strawberry jam, we leave you the recipe here), and on this a toasted almond with the pointed part outwards, simulating the nails of the witch.
- Bake at 180ºC for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
How to present these witch fingers for Halloween
If there is no danger of children taking the knife, you can present these cookies in this creepy way. Cut some fingers in half, dip them in jam and the knife too, how scary!
On the tray that you present these Halloween witch fingers you can put a small bowl with strawberry or raspberry jam, so that each diner can dip their cookies before eating them.
Green witch fingers with matcha tea
Another very fun option is to make the same dough that we explained above adding a little powdered matcha tea, which, being green, will give them an even more terrifying appearance, but no less delicious.
Salty witch fingers for a Halloween dinner
Did you think we were done with our walk through the gastronomy of the witch’s fingers on Halloween ? We still have one more recipe in case you want to present a salty dinner snack but without losing the fear that these terrifying Halloween fingers give.
And besides, making these bloody fingers is very easy, you just have to take frankfurter sausages and cut a small part with a knife at the beginning to give them the shape of a nail. If you want once trimmed you can add ketchup and put an embedded almond. Also add some cuts in the knuckle part.
Then take hot dog buns and sprinkle them abundantly with ketchup and carefully place the finger-sausages so that they look good, is this recipe with sausages original ?