You are going to like these zucchini croquettes a lot and they will surely be a hit at your house. We wanted a light dinner, and today we have prepared this recipe that we really liked, because they are zucchini and cheese croquettes , crispy on the outside and very soft on the inside.
The little ones will like them because of their flavour, and the parents because they will be eating vegetables in a healthy way. You will also see that they are very easy to prepare, and we can even prepare them in advance and freeze them, and then fry them directly.
Although these croquettes are fried, as we are talking about light dinners we can also bake them, turning them once they are golden on one side. Who signs up?
- Spaghetti with meatballs (family recipe)
- Oreo milkshake (the most greedy recipe)
- Check out more at Pet Pooja.
Zucchini croquettes recipe
- 1 zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 120g grated cheese
- a few leaves of parsley
- Black pepper
- bread crumbs
- Soft cheese
- 1 egg to coat
- extra virgin olive oil
How to make cheese stuffed zucchini croquettes
Prepare the croquette dough
- With the help of a mincer, chop the skinless zucchini into very small pieces, we can also use a grater and grate all the zucchini.
- We booked.
- In a bowl, beat the two eggs, add the grated cheese, chopped parsley, a pinch of pepper, salt to taste and the chopped or grated zucchini.
- Mix well, adding breadcrumbs tablespoon after tablespoon until we obtain a dough with which we can prepare croquettes, about 4 tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
- Let the dough cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After the time we make small balls with the dough.
- We crush with the palms of our hands and introduce a piece of soft cheese inside the ball.
- We close the dough well so that the cheese remains inside and we return to form the ball.
- We do the same steps with the rest of the dough and the cheese.
We fry the zucchini croquettes
- Heat a frying pan with plenty of extra virgin olive oil.
- In a bowl beat an egg and in another bowl prepare breadcrumbs.
- We pass each croquette through egg and then breadcrumbs, and immediately place them in the pan where we will have the hot oil and fry well until golden brown.
- Once they are ready, leave them on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- We serve in a source or chopping board immediately.
How to accompany the zucchini croquettes
If you want to prepare a light dinner, accompany these zucchini croquettes with a good salad. If you want to make them even lighter you can remove the cheese filling, although why lie, it gives it a unique flavor.