Although in summer the last thing we want is to turn on the oven, we are going to do it for a good cause: some delicious cookies that are going to serve us to make an ice cream sandwich. You can’t get an idea how delicious they are!
We have tried to capture the flavor with the camera so that you can cheer up and put on your apron, but we have not succeeded! The truth is that they are very good.
And the ice cream… what are we going to tell you about the ice cream? Mmm… homemade ice cream with honey and cookies without invert sugar or strange ingredients, just cream, milk, honey and sugar… speechless!
With the ingredients indicated in the recipe we will get 5 ice creams , if you want more quantity you will only have to double the quantities.
Some of the cookies will be chopped with our hands to incorporate into the ice cream and others will be used to prepare a delicious ice cream sandwich .
This recipe will delight the little ones and the not so little ones, it is a family recipe that you will undoubtedly add to your cookbooks. Do we see it together?
Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
- 250 g harina
- 75 g margarine
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g azúcar
- 1 egg
- 60g chocolate chips
- 60g walnuts
Cream and honey ice cream with cookies
- 200 ml cream 35%mg (to assemble)
- 100 ml whole milk
- 50 g azúcar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 5 cookie cookies
- Let’s start by preparing the cookies. Check out more recipes on at Pet Pooja.
- Preheat the oven to 180º with heat up and down.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with a whisk. Next, add the milk, vanilla, salt and sugar. We mix well.
- Melt the margarine in a bain-marie or in the microwave and add it to the previous mixture. We mix well.
- Lastly, add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. We mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and nuts. We mix well.
We bake the cookies
- Once the cookie dough is made, form small balls of dough and flatten slightly with your hands.
- They are placed on the baking tray prepared with baking paper and we take it to the oven at 180º with heat up and down, for 15 minutes. The time is approximate, you have to be aware of the cookies .
- Once the time has elapsed, remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on a rack.
How to make cream ice cream
- Whip the cream until it is semi-whipped (do not whip it excessively). We reserve in the fridge.
- In a saucepan add milk, sugar, honey and bring to the fire. When the mixture is hot, remove from heat. It doesn’t have to boil.
- Let it cool, when it is warm we take it to the freezer to cool down. We can also let it cool in the fridge but it will take longer.
- We are pending so that the previous mixture does not freeze since we need it to be cold but not frozen.
- Once the mixture is very cold, we incorporate little by little into the whipped cream with enveloping movements.
ice cream with fridge
- We assembled the refrigerator and plugged it in. Add the mixture through the jar and let it butter for 45 minutes. When there are 2 minutes left to finish the time, we add three chopped cookies inside so that they mix well with the ice cream .
- Once the time has elapsed, pour the ice cream into a tupperware, decorate with two chopped cookies and place in the freezer overnight.
ice cream without fridge
- Pour the ice cream into a Tupperware container and place in the freezer for 1 hour, after which time we remove the ice cream from the freezer and mix everything well with a few rods to break the ice crystals that form in the ice cream .
- Place back in the freezer for another 1 hour. Once the time has elapsed, remove the ice cream from the freezer and mix everything well with a few rods to break the ice crystals that form in the ice cream.
- We repeat these same steps once more and to the freezer during 1 more hour.
- We take out of the freezer. The mixture will already have thickened. We beat with some electric rods to butter the ice cream and incorporate the cookies. Mix well and decorate with 2 chopped cookies on top. Put in the freezer for 3 hours.
- After the time, the ice cream is ready.
How to serve the cookie ice cream sandwich
We take a cookie and on it we put a ball of ice cream, on the ball of ice cream another cookie , we press a little and with a small spatula we border the ice cream so that it is smooth. Ready!
Another delicious option is to make cookie ice cream by breaking up the cookies and mixing with the ice cream. In this case you can serve it as ice cream balls in a glass.