This recipe for homemade butter filled Swiss rolls is perfect for parties or just a kid’s snack . It is an easy recipe and I am sure that the children will love to help you, because we are also going to make them in the shape of Mickey, you will see what face the little ones make when they come out of the oven!
In addition, shaping them does not cost more work than the normal recipe, you only have to add two balls as ears. If we prepare it with the children we will spend a fun afternoon, because they can also be prepared in advance and frozen, so that they themselves collaborate in the celebration of the feast, do you dare to prepare it?
- GLUTEN-FREE and EGG-FREE vegan crepes
- Mini tarts filled with pastry cream and jam
- Check out more at Pet Pooja.
Swiss Buns Recipe
- 170 ml of milk at room temperature
- 100g sugar
- 2 heaped tablespoons of honey
- 120 g ointment butter
- 40 g fresh baker’s yeast
- 4 eggs (200g)
- 550 g of strong flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 140g sugar
- 70 ml of water
- 250g butter or margarine at room temperature
How to make Buttermilk Swiss Buns
Prepare the dough for Swiss rolls
- Put the flour in a large bowl and crumble the yeast in the center.
- Add the slightly beaten eggs, sugar, honey, salt and milk, and begin to knead.
- When everything is more or less united, we add the butter little by little.
- We keep kneading.
- We go to the work surface that we will have previously smeared with sunflower oil, as well as our hands. We must work the dough until we achieve a smooth and homogeneous dough, which is elastic and does not stick to the table.
- We form a ball, and let it rest in a bowl covered with a cloth until it doubles in volume, it will usually take between 1 and two hours.
We shape the dough
- After this time, we oil our hands again to work the dough.
- We carefully remove the dough from the bowl, and cut it into portions of the same size (between 12 and 16 as in the photo).
- Each portion in turn is divided into three parts, a larger one that will be the head, and two smaller and equal ones for the ears.
- Shape each portion into a ball and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- We leave the ears half a cm apart from the head, and quite apart from each other, since they will join the head as they grow, and will tend to join each other if we leave them too close.
- Let stand between half an hour and 1 hour, until they increase slightly in size.
We bake the swiss buns
- Preheat the oven to 200º C, brush the buns with milk, and place in the oven for about 10 minutes at 180º C.
- Remove and let cool on a wire rack while you prepare the buttercream.
Buttercream to accompany Swiss rolls
- To prepare the buttercream, heat the water with the sugar and, when it boils, remove from the heat and let cool.
- Once cold, and with a wire whisk, beat the butter and add the syrup little by little, while we continue beating, until obtaining a fluffy cream.
How to taste homemade Swiss rolls
To taste these Swiss rolls , we carefully open them and fill them with the butter cream that we have explained above. They are also delicious if we fill them with jam, Nutella or simply on their own, dipping them in a glass of cocoa or milk.