Spaghetti with meatballs that appear in American movies have always caught my attention … And I’ve always thought that this pasta recipe had to be a delicious combination, don’t you think? And of course, it is a dish specially designed for children, because spaghetti and meatballs with tomato are usually two of their favorite dishes separately, so together they will become a star dish.
On the other hand, it is a very nutritious recipe that can be eaten as a single dish, since it combines many nutrients: proteins from the meat, carbohydrates from the pasta and vegetables from the homemade tomato sauce, what more could you ask for?
- Oreo milkshake (the most greedy recipe)
- Healthy snacks (the best easy and healthy snack recipes)
- Check out more at Pet Pooja.
Spaghetti with meatballs recipe
- 1 package of spaghetti
- Homemade tomato sauce
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 250 g minced beef
- 250 g minced pork
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
How to make spaghetti with meatballs
We prepare the meatballs
- Mix the milk and breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Leave apart.
- Place the pork and beef in a large bowl and add the cheese, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, nutmeg and beaten eggs.
- Drain the milk from the breadcrumbs and add to the meat mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients gently by hand. Try not to compress or press the meat mixture. It’s just a matter of mixing them well.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes to make it easier to shape the meatballs.
- Once the 20 minutes have passed in the refrigerator, we take out the minced meat mixture and we are going to form the meatballs the size of a golf ball with a soft touch.
Homemade tomato sauce
- While we prepare the homemade tomato sauce :
- Ingredients : 1 kg of fresh tomatoes or a can of whole and peeled tomatoes; 1 onion; 1 bay leaf; 1 spoon of sugar; virgin olive oil; Salt and pepper
- Preparation : In a casserole with the bottom of oil, sauté the finely divided onion. It is important that it is very golden so that it transmits all its aroma to the sauce. Add the peeled and split tomato, the bay leaf and the salt. Let it simmer for half an hour or so. Towards the end of cooking the sugar is added. It is crushed and passed through the Chinese, the food mill or left without passing.
We prepare the spaghetti
- Add directly to homemade tomato sauce 30 minutes before the sauce is done cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- We mix the tomato sauce with meatballs with the spaghetti and sprinkle with grated cheese.
How to accompany spaghetti with meatballs
These spaghetti with meatballs are simply delicious and it is a complete and nutritious dish that our children will love. They really do not need much accompaniment, beyond a little grated cheese, since it is a dish that combines the carbohydrates of the pasta with the proteins of the minced meat.